Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

25 February 2011

Anna Marie is here!

Well after 12 hours of labor and 20-30 minutes of pushing, I popped out my precious Anna Marie at 6:09 pm  February 24, 2011!





Anna Marie
8 lbs 3 oz
20 inches long

I was pre-eclamptic so I've had to spend the last 24 hours on magnesium, which means I haven't gotten out of bed yet! It's terrible! I have to have Cory or a nurse bring her to me; it's so frustrating!

In the meantime; nursing is so much harder than anyone told me it would be! Anna Marie won't open her mouth wide enough to latch on, and when she finally does she won't stay on for more than a couple of minutes. The nurse thinks the problem is because my nipples are relatively flat. So she gave me a nipple shield.
It's making it easier for her to latch on, but making my poor breasts suffer! Hopefully she won't have to use it forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment